A great way to get your children active and improve their football skills while having heaps of fun, the latest Fun Football Centre is kicking off on Sunday 7th February.
The country’s only NZ Football-approved after-school programme is designed to appeal to both boys and girls from total beginners to committed young players.
The main objectives are to provide young players, aged four to 12, with more opportunities to improve their skills in a fun, playful environment and to help them fall in love with the game.
Each session is delivered by NZ Football-qualified coaches, meaning those taking part will receive some of the best tips and advice around. The sessions are delivered in an indoor venue so come rain or shine the session will always run.
It’s part of New Zealand Football’s National Player Development Framework, so there’s the opportunity for youngsters to start on their player development pathway.
As part of New Zealand Football’s overall National Player Development structure, Fun Football Centres have five key objectives.
The 5 Main Objectives of FUN FOOTBALL CENTRES
1. Increase the opportunities for players to accumulate more football hours from a younger age in playful, age-appropriate football environments.
2. More players receiving more football opportunities all year round.
3. Players have a great experience and fall in love with football, promoting long-term retention in the sport.
4. Increase player numbers and skill levels from a young age.
5. Increase physical activity levels of primary aged children.
Venues will ideally run for an eight week programme which will go ahead rain or shine with the use of an indoor venue (please ensure appropriate indoor footwear is worn).
Fun Football Centre
Where: Mount Roskill Youth Zone, 740 Sandringham Road Extension
When: Starting Sunday 7th February – Finishes Sunday 27th March (8 Sessions)
Groups: 4-7 Years (2pm – 2.55pm) 8-12 Years (3pm – 3.55pm)
Cost: Just $64 per player
To register your young player to attend the Roskill Youth Zone fun football centre please click here
For more information please contact AFF Football Development Officer Gemma Lewis on 021 759 563 or at email@example.com